Jason Garrett announced to the press that defensive end Cameron Sheffield has a groin injury and is likely to miss a few weeks. That's a tough break for Sheffield who was making a little noise in training camp. Add that to the loss of Tyrone Crawford and the surgery for Anthony Spencer and the Cowboys just can't keep enough healthy guys along the defensive line.
So, they brought in four guys for a workout today. Toby Jackson, Eric Bakhtiari and Bobby Skinner all play along the defensive line. They also brought in guard Rokevious Watkins. Jackson was available in the supplemental draft after missing the 2012 season at Central Florida. Bakhtiari was an UDFA in 2008 who has bounced around the league with multiple teams. Skinner has been in Giants camp for a couple of years. Watkins played for the Rams last year but was released.
In other quick practice news, Tony Romo is expected to get a veteran's day off, and Dez Bryant will continue to rest his sore hip.
More from Blogging The Boys:
- ESPN's All-Bad Contracts Team Contains A Few Cowboys
- Cowboys 2013 Training Camp: Romo Wants To Play HOF Game... But Of Course He Does
- VIDEO: Cowboys Training Camp 2013: Week One Review
- Dallas Cowboys News & Notes: "2013 Rookie Class To Contribute Right Off The Bat"
- Cowboys Training Camp Report, Practice Number Seven: Mixin' and Matchin'