Towards the end of the Cowboys game against the Rams, we heard some words used near each other in a sentence that sent chills up the spine of every Dallas fan. Miles Austin and hamstring injury. Nothing has slowed down Austin during his career more than his hamstrings, a constant source of problems over the last few years. We thought maybe we had dodged that bullet in 2013 when he got through training cam and prseason healthy, and had no problems in the first two games. But now it's back, the Miles Austin hamstring watch. The Cowboys #2 receiver didn't suit up for practice today and the Cowboys aren't sure if he'll be ready this weekend.
The Cowboys were also missing Dwayne Harris who suffered a hip pointer in the Rams game even though he came back in later that game and caught a touchdown. With Austin and Harris out, Terrance Williams ran with the first team opposite Dez Bryant and Cole Beasley played the slot.
Other notes from practice:
- DeMarcus Ware didn't dress but participated in drills. Dallas is being cautious with his stinger issue.
- Brian Waters was taking the first-team snaps early in practice where Mackenzy Bernadeau had been taking them before. The changeover might finally be happening.
- Ernie Sims was participating in practice instead of working on the sidelines so he could be returning this week.
More from Blogging The Boys:
- Wins Over Average: Which NFL Quarterbacks Are Winning Games For Their Teams?
- Cowboys Make Roster Moves, Anthony Spencer To IR, Sign New Cornerback
- Video: Dallas Cowboys' Three Stars In Week Three
- With Anthony Spencer Gone, Monte Kiffin and Rod Marinelli Loom Even Larger For Cowboys
- Dallas Cowboys News & Notes: "Beautiful Stuff From The Cowboys Offense"