Yesterday we previewed the AFC Championship and the glamour matchup of old vets Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. In the NFC Championship, we get the young breed of QB now infiltrating the league in Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick. Both have been outstanding for the teams and represent a more mobile type of passer. But both teams really rely on brutal defenses to smother opponents while potent run games chew up yards and the clock.
When it comes to this matchup, my rooting interests are based strictly on disliking the 49ers. Why? Because they have a long history with the Cowboys, and they are the Cowboys main rival in Super Bowl dominance for the NFC. I guess I can never "forgive" the 49ers because of "The Catch". That moment kicked into gear a long cycle of decline for Dallas that was only rescued by Jimmy Johnson and the 90s dynasty.
On the other hand, the Seahawks are relatively new to being an elite NFC team and watching Marshawn Lynch run the ball is certainly a treat. So for those reasons, I'm going with the team from Seattle.
Who ya got?
Date: January 19
Game time: 6:30 p.m. ET
TV channel: Fox
Odds: Seahawks are 3.5-point favorites
Location: Century Link Field in Seattle, Washington
Online streaming: Fox Sports
SB Nation blogs: Niners Nation and Field Gulls
- Dallas Cowboys News & Notes: Cowboys Coaching Carousel Gains Momentum
- Why Not Pursuing Norv Turner Was A Good Decision For The Cowboys
- 2014 Mock Draft Tracker: 16 Mocks, No Consensus Pick Yet For Dallas Cowboys
- 2014 Draft: East-West Shrine Q&A With Optimum Scouting's Eric Galko
- 2014 NFL Draft: Positional Pet Cats For Your Dallas Cowboys Defense