Pick 256 is a season-long contest in which BTB members and readers get to pick the straight-up winners for all games each week. Overall, 301 BTB-members took part in the Pick 256 challenge last week. If you had simply picked the Vegas favorites straight up, you'd have gotten 11 games out of 15 right.
24 of our 301 participants did exactly that, and as it turns out, that was a pretty good strategy. Only seven participants managed a better score and picked 12 games correctly.
Do you think you can beat the Vegas odds this week? Join our Pick 256 challenge below to find out.
Week 8 Picks
Click on the link below and you'll be taken directly to the Pick 256 entry form where you can select the teams you like for the win.
The link above should auto-fill your BTB user name into the entry form (in most cases). In some cases, the link hasn't worked properly, so here's an alternative link that works without the auto-fill - just remember to spell your username correctly.
Alternative Pick 256 Entry Form
If you prefer not to use your BTB user name, or are not a BTB member, go ahead and enter a name of your choosing, but try to stick with that name throughout the season.
With all of that that out of the way, on to last week's results.
Week 7 Results
We promised we'd find a way to fill up the totals for participants who missed a week here or there. Here's how our missed game policy is going to work.
1. Three weeks of full participation in Pick 256 will qualify participants for one freebie for a missed week. Six weeks of full participation qualifies for two freebies for missed weeks and so on. The maximum amount of possible freebies is four over the entire season.
2. The freebie points awarded for a missed week will always be the average of all participants for the weeks missed. Missing weeks will be filled in ascending order from Week 1 through Week 17.
Wk1: 9 | Wk 2: 8 | Wk3: 11 | Wk4: 7 | Wk5: 10 | Wk6: 10 | Wk7: 9
3. Participants who receive a freebie will be marked with an asterisk in our results tables, with one asterisk for each freebie week received.
4. Through Week 7, 167 participants will have received one freebie week each. After Week 8, all participants with six full weeks of participation qualify for two freebies - if they missed two weeks.
With that out of the way, on to this week's winners.
You can find a full list of all results in a fanpost by BTB-member Hookerhome later today, so I'll be brief. This week we have seven participants sharing top honors, 41 participants finished with 11 correct picks, 87 more finished with 10 correct picks. Here are the top seven
- Realist Larry
- 80 - Dcowboy
- 76 - Pagrebo
- 75 - Jebediah Flibberbrush
- 74 - braininahat, revellyre
- 73 - couboy12, JayRosser27, LoboTX, Mighty Blue Star
- 72 - boys.camncrew, Chuck Sisco, FANSINCESB5, Jeff Landrith, Spaceball
- 71 - angie'sdad, Becho, CowboysWin, cwby4lf, Edward Colon, Florida dodger, mfoster, NorthStar99, Rajohnnn, UTCowboy, Yellowbeard
The Consolation bracket
Because we're introducing the freebies this week, we'll list the top 11 participants who've benefited from one freebie week so far:
- 70 - GalTex* (missed Week 7, 9 correct picks awarded), nreyesjr02* (missed Week 2, 8 correct picks awarded)
- 69 - chichitao* (Wk1, 9), jmartinpowers* (Wk7, 9), Morgan460* (Wk1, 9), oddsbettor* (wk1, 9)
- 68 - DezBrogden88* (Wk5, 10), kat31* (Wk5, 10), Realist Larry* (Wk1, 9), Sean Sullivan* (Wk 5, 10), Silverblue* (Wk1, 9)
The fine print
Submissions for the challenge have to be in by the start the Thursday Night game, which kicks off at 8:25 pm ET on Thursday. To keep a level playing field for everybody, late submissions will not be accepted (all entries are time-stamped). This gives you a two to three day window for your pick submission. In case of multiple submissions, we will always use the last submission as the final and valid one.
A spreadsheet with all the picks will be published here on BTB on Friday or Saturday. Good luck with your picks.