Pick 256 is a season-long contest in which BTB members and readers get to pick the straight-up winners for all games each week. Last week, we asked whether you could beat the Vegas odds for Week 8, and 365 BTB-members accepted the challenge.
If you had simply picked the Vegas favorites straight up, you'd have gotten 12 games out of 15 right. But only three participants entrusted the Vegas sportsbooks with their Pick 256 fate, and were rewarded with 12 correct picks. Only seven participants achieved a higher score.
That may or may not be a good strategy this week, but as we move past the loss against the Redskins and start focusing on the Cardinals, we have 13 new games to pick for Week 9. And the best way to approach those picks is to keep calm and carry on.
Week 9 Picks
Click on the link below and you'll be taken directly to the Pick 256 entry form where you can select the teams you like for the win.
The link above should auto-fill your BTB user name into the entry form (in most cases). In some cases, the link hasn't worked properly, so here's an alternative link that works without the auto-fill - just remember to spell your username correctly.
If you prefer not to use your BTB user name, or are not a BTB member, go ahead and enter a name of your choosing, but try to stick with that name throughout the season.
With all of that that out of the way, on to last week's results.
Week 8 Results
You can find a full list of all results in a fanpost by BTB-member Hookerhome later today. For now, we'll only look at the top finishers. This week we have one outright winner in BTB-member dcfansinceiwasababy, who got 14 picks right and only missed on the Cowboys game. These are the top finishers for Week 8:
- 14 - dcfansinceiwasababy
- 13 - cowboy1966, Edward colon, kat31, Prfbrain, Ride Together, Die Together, T Zig
- 12 - Becho, cap2vator, CoreyAdkison88, CowboysWin, ginge159, JamesLloydMoss, LoboTX, lucky.expert, realfanandairman, Spaceball, westsmodelmarket, Wildhair, YumaCactus
- 90 - Dcowboy
- 86 - Jebediah Flibberbrush
- 85 - LoboTX
- 84 - braininahat, Edward Colon, Spaceball
- 83 - Becho, couboy12, CowboysWin, Jeff Landrith, Mighty Blue Star, Pagrebo, revellyre
- 82 - angie'sdad, boys.camncrew, FANSINCESB5, Florida dodger, Rajohnnn, Yellowbeard
The Cowboys Whisperer
For the season, nobody has correctly predicted the outcome of all eight Cowboys games, but Nord15 and Tennessee_Jed have managed to pick seven games correctly. 93 participants follow with six correctly picked Cowboys games.
The fine print
Submissions for the challenge have to be in by the start the Thursday Night game, which kicks off at 8:25 pm ET on Thursday. To keep a level playing field for everybody, late submissions will not be accepted (all entries are time-stamped). This gives you a two to three day window for your pick submission. In case of multiple submissions, we will always use the last submission as the final and valid one.
Here's how our missed game policy works:
- Three weeks of full participation in Pick 256 will qualify participants for one freebie for a missed week. Six weeks of full participation qualifies for two freebies for missed weeks and so on. The maximum amount of possible freebies is four over the entire season.
- The freebie points awarded for a missed week will always be the average of all participants for the weeks missed. Missing weeks will be filled in ascending order from Week 1 through Week 17.
- Participants who receive a freebie will be marked with an asterisk in our results tables, with one asterisk for each freebie week received.
- Through Week 8, 147 participants have received one freebie week each, 32 participants have received two.
A spreadsheet with all the picks for Week 9 will be published here on BTB on Friday or Saturday. Good luck with your picks.