Pick 256 is a season-long contest in which BTB members and readers get to pick the straight-up winners for all games each week. Overall, 259 BTB-members took part in the Pick 256 challenge last week. If you had simply picked the Vegas favorites straight up, you'd have gotten 10 games out of 13 right.
Simple enough, right? Perhaps not. Only four of our participants managed to beat the Vegas odds by picking 11 games correctly. 203 out of the 259 participants managed to come in lower than the Vegas odds, with nine or fewer correct picks.
The Cowboys are not playing this week, which may remove some obvious bias from our collective picks. But do you think you can beat the Vegas odds this week? Join our Pick 256 challenge below to find out.
Week 11 Picks
Click on the link below and you'll be taken directly to the Pick 256 entry form where you can select the teams you like for the win.
The link above should auto-fill your BTB user name into the entry form (in most cases). In some cases, the link hasn't worked properly, so here's an alternative link that works without the auto-fill - just remember to spell your username correctly.
If you prefer not to use your BTB user name, or are not a BTB member, go ahead and enter a name of your choosing, but try to stick with that name throughout the season.
With all of that that out of the way, on to last week's results.
Week 10 Results
You can find a full list of all results in this fanpost by BTB-member Hookerhome, we'll keep things brief for now. We had four BTB members with 11 correct picks: BWaj22, Marcelookobe, Prfbrain, and qcisco. 52 participants finished as runner-ups with 10 correct picks.
Here's a look at our season leaders, where Jebediah Flibberbrush now has sole possession of the top spot. Note that participants with an asterisk behind their names have missed a week and have been awarded the average result of that missed week as a "freebie" pick.
- 106 - Jebediah Flibberbrush
- 105 - Dcowboy
- 103 - LoboTX
- 102 - Prfbrain, revellyre
- 101 - boys.camncrew, braininahat, Rajohnnn
- 100 - Florida dodger, Mighty Blue Star, Pagrebo, GalTex*, kat31*
- 99 - angie'sdad, couboy12, Jeff Landrith, UTCowboy, Yellowbeard, FANSINCESB5*, fs65*
- 98 - aaa61aaa, cowboy1966, JayRosser27, Oldboysfan, Spaceball, Becho*, OBWDC*
- 97 - Buckywaters, Chuck Sisco, cwby4lf, Edward Colon, ginge159, jtiddahr, mfoster, Specific, yushay bohra
- 96 - Bvanzanman, lonewolfz28, NorthStar99, Vancity Cowboy, nreyesjr02*, CowboysFan_Nepal*, Str8outtaAk*, hfd14c*, milehightexan*
NFC EAST Whisperers
We've previously looked at the leaderboard for the Cowboys Whisperes - participants who correctly predicted the ourcomes of the most Cowboys games. After ten games, we have four participants who have correctly predicted the outcome of eight of the 10 Cowboys games.
Today, because we skimped a bit on the weekly winners, we're expanding our look at specific game results to include the other three NFC East games, all of which have played nine games so far. Here are your team whisperers:
- Cowboys Whisperers (8 correct picks): coolmajaka, CowboysNation, Nord15, Tennessee_Jed
- Eagles Whisperers (8 correct picks): boys.camncrew, BuckyWaters, Bvanzanman, CowboysWin, Florida dodger, Jebediah Flibberbrush, LoboTX, Mighty Blue Star, NCHeelsBoysFan, Prfbrain, Rajohnnn, revellyre, San Antonio Al, UTCowboy, Vancity Cowboy
- Giants Whisperers (8 correct picks): Chuck Sisco, Glory Daze, hbdc, Jeff Landrith, Pagrebo
- Redskins Whisperer (8 correct picks): Chuck Sisco
In total, the NFC East teams have played 37 games through the first ten weeks of the season. Chuck Sisco knows his way around the East the best, correctly predicting 30 outcomes correctly. Here's the leaderboard for the NFC East Whisperer:
30 - Chuck Sisco
28 - Jeff Landrith, LoboTX, Pagrebo, Prfbrain, Rajohnnn, Tennessee_Jed
27 - 1038games, CowboysWin, Florida dodger, Glory Daze, hbdc, JayRosser27, Jebediah Flibberbrush, jimmy.marshall2, UTCowboy
The fine print
Submissions for the challenge have to be in by the start the Thursday Night game, which kicks off at 8:25 pm ET on Thursday. To keep a level playing field for everybody, late submissions will not be accepted (all entries are time-stamped). This gives you a two to three day window for your pick submission. In case of multiple submissions, we will always use the last submission as the final and valid one.
Here's how our missed game policy works:
- Three weeks of full participation in Pick 256 will qualify participants for one freebie for a missed week. Six weeks of full participation qualifies for two freebies for missed weeks and so on. The maximum amount of possible freebies is four over the entire season.
- The freebie points awarded for a missed week will always be the average of all participants for the weeks missed. Missing weeks will be filled in ascending order from Week 1 through Week 17.
- Participants who receive a freebie will be marked with an asterisk in our results tables.
A spreadsheet with all the picks for Week 10 will be published here on BTB on Friday or Saturday. Good luck with your picks.