Pick 256 is a season-long contest in which BTB members and readers get to pick the straight-up winners for all games each week. Overall, 276 BTB-members took part in the Pick 256 challenge last week, which proved to be a very good week for our scoring totals.
- 15 Participants got 14 out of 15 picks right, only failing to correctly predict Oakland as the winner on Thursday night.
- 46 participants got 13 games right.
- The consensus pick predicted 12 games correctly.
The challange now of course is to follow that up with a similar performance for Week 13, which kicks off earlier than usual this week with the early Thanksgiving game between the Bears and the Lions. So get your picks in early this week, or you might miss the deadline.
Week 13 Picks
Click on the link below and you'll be taken directly to the Pick 256 entry form where you can select the teams you like for the win.
The link above should auto-fill your BTB user name into the entry form (in most cases). In some cases, the link hasn't worked properly, so here's an alternative link that works without the auto-fill - just remember to spell your username correctly.
If you prefer not to use your BTB user name, or are not a BTB member, go ahead and enter a name of your choosing, but try to stick with that name throughout the season.
With all of that that out of the way, on to last week's results.
Week 12 Results
You can find a full list of all results in this Fanpost by BTB-member Hookerhome, so we'll just give you the toplines here. 15 participants had 14 correct picks, here are the Week 12 winners in alphabetical order:
- 14 - blue & silver, florida dodger, ibleedcowboyblue, jjk900, labiwie65, Mr._Mulligan, Nova84, Rdbull1, Realist Larry, revellyre, Roun2It, since '66, SoCalCowboysFan12, starmesh23, Yellowbeard
- 13 - 46 participants rank a joint second with 13 correct picks.
Even though Week 12 proved to be a points bonanza for a lot of participants, not everybody managed 14 correct picks. Our season leader Jebediah Flibberbrush lost a little ground by only getting 12 picks right this week, and others on our season leaderboard made up ground by getting 13 or even 14 picks right. Here's what the top of our leaderboard looks like:
|Pick 256 Leaderboard
|121||Florida dodger, Pagrebo||FANSINCESB5*|
|120||aaa61aaa, braininahat, UTCowboy||Becho*, GalTex*|
|119||cowboy1966, Jeff Landrith, Spaceball, Yellowbeard||angie'sdad*, couboy12*, fs65*|
|118||Chuck Sisco, jtiddahr, Mighty Blue Star, Oldboysfan, Rajohnnn||kat31*|
|117||CowboysWin, ginge159, JayRosser27, Specific, Vancity Cowboy, Wildhair||Cowboy Joe**, OBWDC***|
|116||Edward Colon, NorthStar99, Roun2It, Starmesh23, yushay bohra||Buckywaters*, Canadian Cowboy_74*, cowboyofthenorth*, milehightexan***|
|115||BigDFanSince77, cwby4lf, KETHRY1313, KRO, Lajitas Lava, lonewolfz28, mfoster, rptril, wittenfan||Realist Larry*, Tallgrass Prairie*, CowboysFan_Nepal**, since '66** Useful_Idiot_**, strobman***|
|114||MUTTS, NCHeelsBoysFan, NutriaBoudin, pugbuddy, THEGALLOPINGPOLISHMAN, Zubius||mikerz7777*, nreyesjr02*, Trent Schoneweis*, Daledoe**, Lcdano24**, NYHorn**, rhbgsherb**|
|113||1038games, Bvanzanman, cleanpants, jamesvb, JDobermans, Nova84, qcisco, San Antonio Al, Shadowcat||Aggie Man*, blue & silver*, dandeogden*, Dealataunt*, Mike Easter*, Rdbull1*, Rohpuri*, Vector_41*, wakemeupbeforeuromo*, cap2vator**, demon_hoya14**, oddsbettor**, SHDad***|
|"Full Timers" are participants who haven't missed a single week in our challenge, "Freebie Recipients" received one or more freebies (as denoted by the asterisks) depending on the number of weeks they missed.|
The fine print
Submissions for the challenge have to be in by the start the first Thanksgiving game on Thursday at 12:30 pm ET. To keep a level playing field for everybody, late submissions will not be accepted (all entries are time-stamped). This gives you a little over two days for your pick submission. In case of multiple submissions, we will always use the last submission as the final and valid one.
Here's how our missed game policy works:
- Three weeks of full participation in Pick 256 will qualify participants for one freebie for a missed week. Six weeks of full participation qualifies for two freebies for missed weeks and so on. The maximum amount of possible freebies is four over the entire season.
- The freebie points awarded for a missed week will always be the average of all participants for the weeks missed. Missing weeks will be filled in ascending order from Week 1 through Week 17.
- Participants who receive a freebie will be marked with an asterisk in our results tables. Two freebies mean two asterisks, and so on.
A spreadsheet with all the picks for Week 13 will be published here on BTB on Friday or Saturday. Good luck with your picks.