Pick 256 is a season-long contest in which BTB members and readers get to pick the straight-up winners for all games each week. Week 9 proved to be an especially difficult week to pick, as many a favorite stumbled.
Week 10 Picks
Click on the link below and you'll be taken directly to the Pick 256 entry form where you can select the teams you like for the win.
The link above should auto-fill your BTB user name into the entry form (in most cases). In some cases, the link hasn't worked properly, so here's an alternative link that works without the auto-fill - just remember to spell your username correctly.
Alternative Pick 256 Entry Form
If you prefer not to use your BTB user name, or are not a BTB member, go ahead and enter a name of your choosing, but try to stick with that name throughout the season.
With all of that that out of the way, on to last week's results.
Week 9 Results
You can find a full list of all results in a fanpost by BTB-member Hookerhome later today. For now, we'll only look at the top finishers.
- 11 - Jfinch027; Helfer; hfd14c; fs65
- 10 - Millard Fillmore; christopher.hubert; Elavien; CTCowboy; hbdc; Prfbrain; cowboy1966; cdroadking; San Antonio Al; jamesvb; Rev.Trublue; SHDad; kat31; cal69; Splyle; aaa61aaa; mikado69; dandeogden; Jebediah Flibberbrush
- 9 - We had 63 participants with 9 correct picks
Quite a shakeup in our season rankings, where previous leader Dcowboy only managed six correct picks and as a result now shares the top spot on our leaderboard with Jebediah Flibberbrush.
As the top spots have gotten a lot tighter this week, here's an extended look at the 54 season leaders. Note that participants with an asterisk behind their names have missed a week and have been awarded the average result of that missed week as a "freebie" pick.
- 96 - Dcowboy; Jebediah Flibberbrush
- 94 - LoboTX
- 92- braininahat; CowboysWin; Pagrebo; revellyre
- 91 - Becho*; boys.camncrew; couboy12; Florida dodger; Jeff Landrith; kat31*; Prfbrain; Rajohnnn
- 90 - angie'sdad; Edward Colon; FANSINCESB5*; GalTex*; JayRosser27; Mighty Blue Star; Spaceball; UTCowboy
- 89 - cowboy1966; fs65*; lonewolfz28; nreyesjr02*; OBWDC**; Yellowbeard
- 88 - aaa61aaa; Buckywaters; Chuck Sisco; cwby4lf; mfoster; NorthStar99; Oldboysfan; Sean N; Str8outtaAk*
- 87 - Bvanzanman; cap2vator**; CowboysFan_Nepal**; ginge159; jmartinpowers**; jtiddahr; Lajitas Lava; MUTTS; NYHorn; San Antonio Al; SHDad*; Specific; Useful_Idiot_*; wakemeupbeforeuromo*; Wildhair; yushay bohra
The fine print
Submissions for the challenge have to be in by the start the Thursday Night game, which kicks off at 8:25 pm ET on Thursday. To keep a level playing field for everybody, late submissions will not be accepted (all entries are time-stamped). This gives you a two to three day window for your pick submission. In case of multiple submissions, we will always use the last submission as the final and valid one.
Here's how our missed game policy works:
- Three weeks of full participation in Pick 256 will qualify participants for one freebie for a missed week. Six weeks of full participation qualifies for two freebies for missed weeks and so on. The maximum amount of possible freebies is four over the entire season.
- The freebie points awarded for a missed week will always be the average of all participants for the weeks missed. Missing weeks will be filled in ascending order from Week 1 through Week 17.
- Participants who receive a freebie will be marked with an asterisk in our results tables, with one asterisk for each freebie week received.
- Through Week 8, 147 participants have received one freebie week each, 32 participants have received two.
A spreadsheet with all the picks for Week 10 will be published here on BTB on Friday or Saturday. Good luck with your picks.