The Dallas Cowboys, and their fanbase, received a little bit of good news this morning as the team won a coin toss with the Baltimore Ravens for the right to pick 16th in the upcoming draft. The Cowboys and Ravens had finished the 2013 season with identical 8-8 records and their strength of schedule was also tied at .484. Thus, the NFL conducted a coin toss this morning at the NFL combine to break the tie and the 'Boys came out on top. Maybe we can take this as a good omen for the 2014 season.
Recent picks in at the 16th spot in NFL drafts include E.J. Manuel, Bills (2013), Quinton Coples, Jets (2012), Ryan Kerrigan, Redskins (2011) and Derrick Morgan, Titans (2010).
The NFL Draft will begin on Thursday, May 8 with the first round, followed by the second and third rounds on Friday, May 9 and concluding with rounds four through seven on Saturday, May 10.
- Cowboys News: Coin Tossing And Combining
- Blogging The Boys Tuesday Chat With KD and The Crew: Live With Your Questions
- Cowboys Player Personnel Man Will McClay: "We're Looking For Speed."
- Cowboys Unlikely To Use Franchise Tag
- Dallas Cowboys News & Notes: Michael Irvin Expects Dez Bryant "To Do Great Things."