Pick 256 is a season-long contest in which BTB members and readers get to pick the straight-up winners for all games each week. Overall, 346 BTB-members took part in the Pick 256 challenge last week, and each one of the participants tried to beat the pro pickers.
So how did that go? If you had simply picked the Vegas favorites straight up, you'd have gotten 11 games out of 15 right. Of course, most participants were somewhat handicapped in that they pick the Cowboys to win regardless of the Vegas odds. All in all, only 4 participants managed to beat the pro pickers by correctly predicting the winner of 12 games. 55 participants managed to predict 11 games correctly.
As a further point of comparison, NFLPickWatch.com tallied the Week 4 picks of 136 media experts. Eight of those panelists correctly predicted the winners of twelve or more games, and ESPN's Chris Mortensen managed to pick 14 out of 15 games correctly. The worst "Pro Pickers" on the NFLPickWatch panel got just five games right, so sorting that table in ascending order is always good for a little Schadenfreude.
Do you think you can beat the Pro Pickers this week? Join our Pick 256 challenge below to find out.
Week 5 Picks
Click on the link below and you'll be taken directly to the Pick 256 entry form where you can select the teams you like for the win.
The link above should auto-fill your BTB user name into the entry form (in most cases). In some cases, the link hasn't worked properly, so here's an alternative link that works without the auto-fill - just remember to spell your username correctly.
If you prefer not to use your BTB user name, or are not a BTB member, go ahead and enter a name of your choosing, but try to stick with that name throughout the season.
Week 4 Results
You can find a full list of all results in a fanpost by BTB-member Hookerhome later this week, so I'll be brief. This week we have four winners who all scored 12 of a possible 15 points. 55 participants finished with 11 correct picks.
- 12: Mark Barrington, Realist Larry, scotscowboyfan, YumaCactus
- 11: APerfectStar, bartman, Blue & silver, FBH1636, HonorTheStar, I'm_people_too, jfinch027, lenboy, Millard Fillmore, Raven20, richte42, UTcowboy, 1Bullseye, 4evercowboy, Aggie Man, BishopWest, BlueFlash, Bud, Canadian Cowboy_74, CapitalT, carguy102, cjs.93, cowtownNcowboysfan, Densa, earl, EduardoColon, Funoldman, Gar, hookerhome, HowleyAtTheMoon, jhcrouch3, JollyRancher, kid1856, marcelookobe, Markythearky, mikedmartin, NutriaBoudin, OldStray2-Dog, pugbuddy, Rdbull1, ReaperMadness, RobP S.A.T., Rohpuri, RoSHa, Sean N, Shadowcat, Sir Robin, Stevefromerrick, Terry, thesirknight, Thinkman, Truebluedcfan, Vector_41, viciousphilpy, Wildhair
- 46 - Big Country
- 45 - 1Bullseye, D-Bomb, I'm_people_too, oldboysfan, Rdbull1
- 44 - 1Missouricowboysfan, BlueFlash, cowtownNcowboysfan, DarthGrumpa, lenboy,marcelookobe
- 43 - blue & silver, Bud, cap2vator, EFtheGiants, HonorTheStar, jhcrouch3, MUTTS, PAPAGDAVIS69, revellyre, rptril, Ryan Keeling, TazJr89, TheRedWunder, Troy
15 more participants have 42 points over the first three weeks, 22 participants have 42 points.
The fine print
Submissions have to be in by kickoff time of the Thursday night game, which kicks off at 8:25 pm ET on Thursday. To keep a level playing field for everybody, late submissions will not be accepted (all entries are time-stamped). This gives you a good two days to submit your picks.
Every week, we'll publish a spreadsheet with all the picks here on BTB, usually on Saturday.
The entry form contains detailed instruction on how you can change your picks at a later point, read them carefully. You can of course come back at any time before kickoff on Thursday and submit new picks. When there are multiple picks by the same BTB member, our pick tracker will always default to the latest entry.
With all of the technical stuff out of the way, good luck with your picks.
|Don’t forget to resister for our Blogging the Boys meet-up!
Oct 24-25, 2015
Cowboys-Giants in the beautiful Poconos
|Three awesome Cowboys-centric events!|
|Saturday, October 24
(8:00-10:00 PM): Dinner the night before the game
|Sunday, October 25
(9:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Pre-game brunch
|Sunday, October 25
(4:30-8:30 PM) Cowboys-Giants game, with free buffet
|Click Here to RSVP||Click here for more information on pricing, lodging, etc.|