Pick 256 is a season-long contest in which BTB members and readers get to pick the straight-up winners for all games each week. Overall, 203 BTB-members took part in the Pick 256 challenge last week.
So how did that go? Not good.
The consensus pick accurately predicted the outcome of just four games in Week 10, which is already better than what picking the Vegas odds would have gotten you. If you had simply picked the favorites straight up, you'd have gotten just three games out of 14 right.
On Saturday, we wondered whether an upset weekend was in the works for the home teams, and boy were we ever on the money with that. If you had simply picked the road teams you'd have ended up with an 11-3 record for the week.
Do you think you can do better than four correct predictions in Week 11? Don't be a chicken and submit your picks below to find out.
Week 11 Picks
If you want to be featured on next week's leaderboard, enter your picks before Week 3 kicks off on Thursday night. Click on the link below and you'll be taken directly to the Pick 256 entry form where you can select the teams you like for the win.
The link above should auto-fill your BTB user name into the entry form (in most cases). In some cases, the link hasn't worked properly, so here's an alternative link that works without the auto-fill - just remember to spell your username correctly.
If you prefer not to use your BTB user name, or are not a BTB member, go ahead and enter a name of your choosing, but try to stick with that name throughout the season.
Week 10 Results
Week 10 proved to be one of the toughest weeks to predict, and our participants struggled mightily to predict the outcome of the 14 games:
|Pick 256 Result Distribution, Week 10
And here are your 15 top finishers for Week 10:
- 9 - momtiller
- 8 - bigoljimbo, dWhisper, NYGForever, Silverblue
- 7 - bartman, BWaj22, c.matson18, calmadhd, Dallasdave1966, Dithanial, Glenstorm68, I'm_people_too, Mikhaili, NY-COWBOY, PrfBrain, redlabel, SICLAW, switters023, TazJr89, tenkin, TRAVLR, Uriahchase
Week 10 also resulted in a further shakeup at the top of our season rankings, which now look as follows:
- 97 – oldboysfan
- 95 – revellyre
- 94 – Normrock
- 93 – Nova84
- 92 – 1Bullseye, Millard Fillmore
- 91 – 1Missouricowboysfan, ptp39
- 90 – aaa61aaa, HowleyAtTheMoon, I’m_people_too, MinasIthil92, Trent Schoneweis
- 89 – bartman, cwby4lf, Roun2It, Starheel42, Stevefromerrick, TazJr89, timani, Timmy G
- 88 – Aggie Man, ansky23, c.matson18, Cowboys Win, gwzahn7, jhcrouch3, Katana, Realist Larry, Ride Together, Die Together, Sir Robin, thesirknight, Truebluedcfan
- 87 – cap2vator, cowtownNcowboysfan, EFtheGiants, Glenstorm68, lenboy, mahenza, Rdbull1, snipeb41
- 86 – Benthere, dtwmm, duffer33, GalTex, j-man, PAPAGDAVIS69, Shadowcat, since ’66, UTcowboy, Vancity Cowboy, yushay bohra
- 85 – Blue & silver, jwdge, Max2, Reno Cowboy, Sandmann, shooter09, Terry, Uriahchase
Congratulations to the winners and good luck improving on the Week 10 totals this week. For everybody not in one of the two tables above, you can find the full details for all participants and more breakdowns later this week in the Fanpost section, courtesy of the tireless work of our very own Hookerhome.
The fine print
Submissions have to be in by kickoff time of the Thursday night game, which kicks off at 8:25 pm ET on Thursday. To keep a level playing field for everybody, late submissions will not be accepted (all entries are time-stamped). This gives you a good two days to submit your picks.
Every week, we'll publish a spreadsheet with all the picks here on BTB, usually on Saturday.
The entry form contains detailed instruction on how you can change your picks at a later point, read them carefully. You can of course come back at any time before kickoff on Thursday and submit new picks. When there are multiple picks by the same BTB member, our pick tracker will always default to the latest entry.
With all of the technical stuff out of the way, good luck with your picks.