Pick 256 is a season-long contest in which BTB members and readers get to pick the straight-up winners for all games each week. Overall, 215 BTB-members took part in the Pick 256 challenge last week, with mixed results.
If you had simply picked the favorites straight up, you'd have a 9-5 record for the weekend. If you had simply picked the home teams, you'd sit at 8-6 for Week 11. The Pick 256 didn't quite match those marks, but still got a respectable 7-7 record this week.
Do you think you can do better than that in Week 12? Early odds suggest it could be a home team weekend: As of Tuesday morning, nine of the 16 Week 12 games have the home team as straight up favorites, four more games have the visiting team favored by just 2 points or less.
Week 12 Picks
If you want to be featured on next week's leaderboard, enter your picks before Week 12 kicks off on Thursday. Click on the link below and you'll be taken directly to the Pick 256 entry form where you can select the teams you like for the win.
The link above should auto-fill your BTB user name into the entry form (in most cases). In some cases, the link hasn't worked properly, so here's an alternative link that works without the auto-fill - just remember to spell your username correctly.
If you prefer not to use your BTB user name, or are not a BTB member, go ahead and enter a name of your choosing, but try to stick with that name throughout the season.
Week 11 Results
Week 11 saw a wide spread of results, from as low as four correct picks up to 12 correct picks.
|Pick 256 Result Distribution, Week 11
And here are your 38 top finishers for Week 11:
- 12 - Aggie man
- 11 - Dcowboy8, Dobanion, DoomsDay Dub, Fred G Samford, Jbilskie1, mahenza, Pagrebo, tbar1
- 10 - boys.camncrew, calmadhd, CapitalT, Cowboys Win, CowboysFan_Nepal, dentltek, gwzahn7, hookerhome, ICanSeeJerryWorldFromHere, jimmy.marshall2, Katana, Mikhaili, Mordregard, MS Cowboys Fan, NutriaBoudin, oddsbettor, qcisco, quinduno, revellyre, Sandmann, scottysd, slowmotion80, Starheel42, The Sethnicity, tmaeus, Vancity Cowboy, vectorspace, Westmodelmarket, YaBoyRyan
Week 11 has us back to a tie at the top of the standings, which now look as follows:
- 105 – oldboysfan, revellyre
- 103 – Normrock
- 101 – Millard Fillmore
- 100 – Aggie Man
- 99 – 1Bullseye, 1Missouricowboysfan, I'm_people_too, Starheel42
- 98 – Cowboys Win, gwzahn7, Katana, mahenza, MinasIthil92, ptp39, TazJr89, Trent Schoneweis
- 97 – aaa61aaa, bartman, cwby4lf, HowleyAtTheMoon, Nova84, Roun2It, Truebluedcfan
- 96 – cap2vator, Glenstorm68, Rdbull1, Sir Robin, Stevefromerrick, thesirknight, Timmy G, Vancity Cowboy,
- 95 – ansky23, c.matson18, cowtownNcowboysfan, j-man, PAPAGDAVIS69, Realist Larry, Ride Together, Die Together, Sandmann, snipeb41
- 94 – Benthere, Dcowboy8, dtwmm, duffer33, jwdge, lenboy, Max2, since '66, UTcowboy
- 93 – 4evercowboy, blue & silver, DarthGrumpa, EFtheGiants, MUTTS, Pagrebo, PrfBrain, Sean N, Terry, tmaeus, WilliamC
Congratulations to the winners and good luck improving on the Week 12 totals this week. For everybody not in one of the two lists above, you can find the full details for all participants and more breakdowns in the Fanpost section, courtesy of the tireless work of our very own Hookerhome.
The fine print (Note special Thanksgiving deadlines)
Normally, submissions have to be in by kickoff time of the Thursday night game. Because the first kickoff on Thanksgiving is already at 12:30 pm ET, we'll leave the submission form open until noon on Friday to account for the festivities and any stragglers who might miss the deadlines. However, the following submission rules will be in place:
- Submission by 12:30 PM ET on Thursday: all 16 games count
- Submission by 4:30 PM ET on Thursday: all games except PHI @ DET count
- Submission by 8:30 PM ET on Thursday: all games excpet PHI @ DET and CAR @ DAL count
- Submission by 12:00 PM ET on Friday: all games except the Thursday games count, and we'll close the submision form at that time.
Good luck with your picks.