The claiming period for the players released during final cuts on Saturday is fairly short: Players placed on waivers during the final roster cuts can only be claimed until 12:00 noon ET on Sunday. After that, thecan begin signing up to 10 players to their practice squad, and the hope is that they'll be able to sign all the players they have earmarked for a slot on their practice squad.
But not all the players the Cowboys waived during final cuts may make it past the waiver wire, or will they? Last year, LaRon Byrd was claimed off waivers by the Browns. After clearing waivers, CB Terrance Mitchell was picked up by the Bears, and S Ahmad Dixon was picked up by the Vikings.was picked up by the
Here is a non-exhaustive list of recently cut players who could garner some interest:
- DE Ben Gardner might be the most obvious choice. In his farewell note to Cowboys fans, Gardner wrote that he was "looking forward to my next shot with a new team," and already there are rumors that that new team could be Tampa Bay or another Florida team.
- Safety Tim Scott looked like he had an outside shot at a roster spot, and showed up well in the final preseason game. Scott could follow a similar path as Andrew Sendejo, who was picked up off waivers by the Jets in 2011 and went on to play in 48 games for the Vikings since
- OT Laurence Gibson may be an option for a team in dire need of a right tackle.
- Wide receiver Nick Harwell could attract some interest from extremely WR-needy teams.
- Can A.J. Jenkins' draft pedigree be of interest to some teams?
Or are we Cowboys fans significantly overrating the attractiveness of our own roster cuts, and not one of the Cowboys' roster cuts will be signed elsewhere?
Take the poll and let us know who you think is the player most likely to get picked up by another team by high noon EST on Sunday.