More draft. Some huge trades already as teams are moving up to grab...you guessed it...quarterbacks. The good news for the Cowboys is that a lot of offensive players are going early, hopefully this will push down some of the edge rushers and the corenrbacks the team is interested in.
This is an open thread for draft chat.
- Myles Garrett - Cleveland
- Mitchell Trubisky - Chicago
- Solomon Thomas - San Francisco
- Leonard Fournette - Jacksonville
- Corey Davis - Tennessee
- Jamal Adams - New York (Jets)
- Mike Williams - Los Angeles (Chargers)
- Christian McCaffrey - Carolina
- John Ross - Cincinnati
- Pat Mahomes - Kansas City
- Marshon Lattimore - New Orleans
- Deshaun Watson - Houston
- Haason Reddick - Arizona
- Derek Barnett - Philadelphia
- Malik Hooker - Indianapolis
- Marlon Humphrey - Baltimore
- Jonathan Allen - Washington
- Adoree Jackson - Tennessee
Defensive line/edge rusher: The Cowboys have needed help here for years, ever since the departure of DeMarcus Ware. They have plenty of guys int he rotation, but they need one stud who can get to the QB.
Cornerback: The Cowboys lost Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne in free agency. They still have three corners who can play, in Orlando Scandrick, Nolan Carroll and Anthony Brown, but they need depth, and a possible upgrade.
Safety: Starter Barry Church and sometime-starter/reserve J.J. Wilcox both exited in free agency, leaving the Cowboys with Byron Jones and question marks. Jeff Heath is currently the other starter, but a high pick int he draft could become the starter at the position.
Right Tackle: Doug Free is retiring, and Chaz Green has yet to show he can stay healthy. Free agent signee Byron Bell is a stop-gap, the Cowboys need to find the future at the position.
Cowboys draft picks:
(Round-pick in the round-overall pick)
7-10-228 Dallas from Buffalo