Dave Dameshek of NFL Network and NFL.com is an eccentric sort of analyst.
He looks at the NFL world through a unique lens and just recently one of his trademark games made its way over to BTB land when we pondered who the biggest jenga pieces on the Dallas Cowboys are. Dameshek is at it again, and this time he’s talking about the Dallas Cowboys and the Super Bowl in the same sentence... oh and the Houston Texans.
In a bit titled “Shek to the Future”, which you can watch here, Dave proclaims that America’s Team will meet its little brother in Minnesota for all the marbles in Super Bowl LII.
Dave goes not just one, but a few steps further by adding many details to his proclamation throughout the video:
- Deshaun Watson wins Offensive Rookie of the Year.
- Ezekiel Elliott wins Super Bowl LII MVP while rushing for 130 yards and a touchdown.
- The Cowboys go 11-5 in 2017, winning the NFC East for the second straight year.
- Dallas topples New York in the Wildcard Round on January 6th. This is the Saturday of Wildcard Weekend, which typically is the ESPN and NBC broadcasts. Last time the Cowboys played in the WC Round they drew the afternoon FOX slot on Sunday... extremely unlikely they would play on Saturday.
- The Cowboys avenge their past by beating the Packers in the Divisional Round, which is marked as happening on January 13th - a Saturday. In no world would a Cowboys/Packers Divisional Round matchup be on a Saturday.
- Dallas beats the Falcons in Atlanta during the NFC Championship Game, where Dave says they were “blown out two months earlier”, meaning: Dallas loses in Atlanta on November 12th, and the Falcons are at worst the third seed in a season following their Super Bowl LI collapse.
- Dameshek says the Cowboys ground and pound the Falcons with Ezekiel Elliott AND Alfred Morris (who’s cause we recently championed).
This type of offseason chatter is a lot of fun, and Dameshek is clever with the material he continually comes up with. It would be particularly amazing if Deshaun Watson did what Dak Prescott couldn’t and led his team to a Super Bowl berth during his rookie season. And imagine it happening the year after he led his Clemson Tigers to a National Championship over Alabama!
For what it’s worth both Dak Prescott and Deshaun Watson wear No. 4. Super Bowl LII is being played on February 4th, 2018. Facts are facts, and hopefully for all of us a lot of what Dameshek is factual come February 5th.