Every week many of you here at BTB are polled on various things concerning the team and matters across the NFL. This is part of SB Nation’s new FanPulse tool. Sign up for the Cowboys FanPulse here to take our weekly surveys.
One of the things each fan base is asked every week has to do with their upcoming game and the confidence surrounding it, from a point-spread perspective. Fans are asked how many points they expect their team to win or lose by. It’s interesting to see which fan bases have the best grip on their team so far this season.
Cowboys fans have predicted only one game correctly so far this season
I’m not just trying to butter you all up when I say that FanPulse is a collection of each fan base’s smartest fans, but it is. That being said the results are proving how hard it is to correctly predict an NFL game.
Cowboys fans have only corrected pegged the game against the New York Giants and part of that could be because of how terrible the Giants are (the only good news these days). As a group Cowboys fans were overconfident against the Panthers, Seahawks, and Texans as the team lost all of those games.
Cowboys FanPulse predictions this season:
- Week 1: FanPulse predicts Cowboys win by 6 (Panthers), Cowboys lose by 8
- Week 2: FanPulse predicts Cowboys win by 4 (Giants), Cowboys win by 7
- Week 3: FanPulse predicts Cowboys win by 6 (Seahawks), Cowboys lose by 11
- Week 4: FanPulse predicts Cowboys lose by 1 (Lions), Cowboys win by 2
- Week 5: FanPulse predicts Cowboys win by 4 (Texans), Cowboys lose by 3
Cowboys FanPulse season record: 1-4
Jaguars fans have yet to predict a loss this season
The Kansas City Chiefs are one of the better teams in the NFL this season yet losing to them last week dropped the Jaguars FanPulse from 85% confidence to 61%. Talk about envied problems.
Jacksonville boasts perhaps the league’s best defense which is why their fans are so confident, in fact Jaguars fans have yet to predict a loss for their team this season. That’s pretty confident despite what the percentage says.
Here’s how Duval County faithful has done at predictions this season.
Jaguars FanPulse predictions this season:
- Week 1: FanPulse predicts Jaguars win by 10 (Giants), Jaguars win by 5
- Week 2: FanPulse predicts Jaguars win by 3 (Patriots), Jaguars win by 11
- Week 3: FanPulse predicts Jaguars win by 10 (Titans), Jaguars lose by 3
- Week 4: FanPulse predicts Jaguars win by 7 (Jets), Jaguars win by 19
- Week 5: FanPulse predicts Jaguars win by 2 (Chiefs), Jaguars lose by 16
Jaguars FanPulse season record: 3-2
Cowboys and Jaguars fans are almost predicting the same thing for Sunday
Obviously the Jaguars FanPulse has been more accurate in terms of predicting wins this season but that’s because Jacksonville has won more games. Cowboys fans have predicted all wins save for one time, until now when that number doubles.
That’s right. Those who support America’s Team are calling for a loss this week, and in a pretty big way. The highest Cowboys fans have ever predicted a win by was six points and they think that the Jaguars will win by five.
What’s more is that Jaguars fans are also think this will be a decisive win for their squad. The Jacksonville FanPulse sees their team winning by seven which puts us only two points off of the same prediction, an average predicted score that has the Jaguars winning by six.