Sunday is here. It’s time, Cowboys fans. The 2018 season kicks off this Sunday with a game on the road against the Carolina Panthers. We can put 2017, and the offseason, behind us as things begin for real.
This is a new-look Cowboys team with Tony Romo retiring two offseasons ago, and now Jason Witten (retired), Dez Bryant (released) and Dan Bailey (released) are also gone. The Cowboys are Dak Prescott’s and Ezekiel Elliott’s team, with DeMarcus Lawrence and Sean Lee the faces of the defense.
The Cowboys also shuffled their coaching staff with a ton of new assistants, including secondary coach/passing game coordinator on defense, Kris Richard. He’s famous for building the Legion of Boom, can he do something similar with the Cowboys secondary?
It’s going to be a fascinating start to the season as we watch a re-tooled Dallas team start its quest for a playoff spot.
Here are a few interesting nuggets from the NFL Communications office about the Cowboys:
- COWBOYS have a 38-19-1 (.667) record on Kickoff Weekend, tied for highest winning pct. in NFL history.
- Since entering NFL in 2016, Dak Prescott leads all QBs with 12 rush TDs.
- Prescott is 6-1 in past 7 starts on road with 9 TDs vs. 2 INTs & 101.4 passer rating.
- Since 2016, Ezekiel Elliott is tied for league lead in total TDs (25) & ranks 3rd in NFL in scrimmage yards (3,246).
- DE DEMARCUS LAWRENCE tied for 2nd in NFL with career-high 14.5 sacks in 2017. Had 1.5 sacks on Kickoff Weekend last year. Has 8 sacks, 2 FRs & 2 FFs in his past 8 on road.
- Since 2015, Sean Lee ranks 3rd in NFL with 374 tackles.
Here’s your info for the game.
What You Need To Know
Date: September 9th, 2018
Game time: 4:25 PM EST
Location: Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, NC
TV channel: FOX
Coverage Map: 506 Sports
Announcers: Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Erin Andrews (Field reporter)
Cowboys record: (0-0)
Panthers record: (0-0)
Prediction: Dallas 23 - Carolina 21
Enemy blog: Cat Scratch Reader
Facebook: Please Like us!