Week 11 has come to a close as far as the NFC East is concerned, and thankfully, it went well! We’re close to Thanksgiving which means things are very tense when it comes to division standings. The Dallas Cowboys getting back to their winning ways is a welcome boost but it also helps that their top competition for the division crown lost on Sunday.
To summarize Week 11 in the NFC East:
- The Dallas Cowboys defeated the Detroit Lions
- The Philadelphia Eagles lost to the New England Patriots
- The Washington Redskins lost to the New York Jets
- The New York Giants were on their bye
Philadelphia losing is huge for the division especially as it couples with a Cowboys win on Sunday. We talked this past week about how the next two weeks could ultimately decide the NFC East. Well, we’re halfway through them and 100% of what we wanted has happened.
NFC East standings through Week 11
- Dallas Cowboys (6-4)
- Philadelphia Eagles (5-5)
- New York Giants (2-8)
- Washington Redskins (1-9)
In Week 12 the Cowboys will try to do what the Eagles couldn’t and that’s beat the New England Patriots. Meanwhile the Eagles themselves will host the Seattle Seahawks that are coming off of their bye, their road is hardly easy.