We spend a lot of time talking about the Dallas Cowboys here at BTB, and we are fortunate to have the greatest community of Cowboys fans in the world around us to do it.
The Cowboys are what bond us all, what led us to this wonderful place in the first place. We share ideas, thoughts, and opinions all of the time when it comes to America’s Team.
It is possible that you have likely thought about what it would be like to discuss the state of the Cowboys with one of the leaders of its brain trust before. As fate would have it, the mothership is actually offering an opportunity for fans to tweet in their questions for Stephen Jones for a Q&A that he will be participating in on Thursday, March 12th.
Speaking seriously here, what would you like to ask Stephen Jones? Perhaps you don’t have a list written out in an app on your phone or anything, but you likely do have a few things that you would like to chat with him about.
It’s possible that you want to know about the direction that the team is headed in, how they evaluate certain players, so on and so forth. Here are some ideas:
- What the exact process of hiring Mike McCarthy was like.
- What the most difficult contract they’ve had to negotiate was in recent memory.
- The easiest.
- Where he and Jerry Jones differ the most in terms of team-building philosophies.
- Where they are most similar.
- How much the Cowboys current Super Bowl drought really bothers him.
- If he ever thinks there will be a non-Jones that holds the title of general manager.
- When he thought the Cowboys were closest to a Super Bowl in recent memory.
- Where he believes the most glaring weaknesses are on the roster.
- What a perfect offseason would look like in his estimation.
Obviously we don’t know exactly how Stephen Jones would/will answer all of these questions, but if you were guaranteed to get a fully honest answer, what would you ask?
Update: March 12th, 12:43pm ET
The Dallas Cowboys have postponed the Q&A with Stephen Jones.