The Dallas Cowboys bolstered their linebacking group last week when they re-signed Sean Lee, Joe Thomas, and Justin March. This created a level of depth for the middle of the defense.
A name that is very much worth knowing outside of those is Luke Gifford. The Cowboys signed Gifford as an undrafted free agent out of Nebraska last year and he impressed many early in the preseason. Unfortunately he was hurt, but the Cowboys liked him so much that they carried him on their roster, and eventually he got playing time before (again, unfortunately) he was hurt again.
Gifford is a point of depth for the Cowboys and will likely be a key contributor on special teams under new coordinator John Fassel. We caught up with him on the latest episode of The Ocho, and we got to know him quite a bit.
Luke Gifford on the BTB Podcast Feed
Luke discussed a variety of things with us, some of the headliners:
- Thoughts on his rookie season
- How he dealt with injuries and got through them both
- What he’s doing these days (while practicing social distancing)
- His younger brother (who just enrolled at and will be playing for Nebraska as well)
- Who he is close with on the Cowboys
- What he thinks of Mike McCarthy and the new coaching staff (plus his thoughts on Jason Garrett)
- One free agent that he loved watching when he was growing up that he would love to play with
We have four different shows available for you on the Blogging The Boys podcast feed, and we are committed to giving you at least one every day. Talking about the Dallas Cowboys is something that we all love and doing it together is what makes it fun.
Subscribe to the Blogging The Boys podcast feed, however you get your podcasts, right here.