We are just a few weeks away from the 2020 NFL Draft and it is going to be unlike anything we have ever seen before. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic impact, the league decided that they will be holding the draft completely virtual. This means that all coaches, staff members, scouts, and important personnel will all be in their homes while practicing social distancing and communicating over online platforms like Zoom, FaceTime, Skype, and the like.
These social distancing practices and protocols are also how NFL teams have conducted their pre-draft interviews which means that the Cowboys, like everyone else, are hosting prospects digitally. Needless to say, we are a far way away from how visits are normally conducted.
Typically NFL teams are allowed 30 visits leading up to the draft and then have their local visits (Dallas Day around these parts). NFL Network’s Bobby Belt believes the NFL’s regulations in these times has limited teams to 18 true visits. On the other hand, Mike Florio thinks there are unlimited visits for NFL teams. The confusion is around this sentence in the guidelines:
Clubs can schedule no more than three telephone or video conferences with an individual draft-eligible player per week (Sunday through Saturday)
Does that mean three different player interviews per week (Bobby Belt’s interpretation), or three interviews per week with each player, but an unlimited number of players allowed (Mike Florio’s interpretation).
Regardless, we aim to track every visit we can find information on.
The following players have reportedly met with the Dallas Cowboys
As April began, the Cowboys began sharing some of the process for how they are interviewing prospects on their social channels. Putting together what they have released along with other media reports we have begun tracking all players meeting with America’s Team.
- TCU G Cordel Iwuagwu (via Justin Melo)
- LSU CB Kristian Fulton (via Justin Melo)
- Baylor WR Denzel Mims (via Justin Melo)
- Oklahoma QB Jalen Hurts (via the mothership)
- Wisconsin LB/EDGE Zack Baun (via the mothership)
- Texas A&M DT Justin Madabuike (via Bobby Belt)
- Oklahoma LB Kenneth Murray (via the mothership)
- Alabama DT Raekwon Davis (via the mothership)
- Auburn DT Marlon Davidson (via the mothership)
- Clemson WR Tee Higgins (via the mothership)
- TCU WR Jalen Reagor (via the mothership)
- Michigan State DE Kenny Willekes (via Bobby Belt)
- TCU CB Jeff Gladney (via Justin Melo)
- Georgia RB D’Andre Swift (via Bobby Belt)
- Clemson CB AJ Terrell (via Bobby Belt)
- LSU DE K’Lavon Chaisson (via Bobby Belt)
- UCLA TE Devi Asiasi (via Bobby Belt)
- LSU RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire (via the mothership)
- LSU S Grant Delpit (via Todd Archer)
- Florida CB CJ Henderson (via Calvin Watkins)
- Penn State EDGE Yetur Gross-Matos (via Michael Gehlken)
- Alabama CB Trevon Diggs (via Clarence Hill)
- Alabama WR Henry Ruggs III (via Clarence Hill)
- West Virginia S Kenny Robinson (via Jordan Reid)
Here are the interviews that the Cowboys have shared clips from
As mentioned the Cowboys have been sharing bits of different interviews from prospects on their social media channels and on their website. This is a fascinating look at Mike McCarthy and Co. talking to potential members of the team. Again, we are in unique times.
Here are all of the visits that the Cowboys have specifically shared footage from.
Oklahoma QB Jalen Hurts
Wisconsin LB/EDGE Zack Baun
LSU CB Kristian Fulton
Next up for the #DallasCowboys #NFLDraft prep interviews was LSU CB Kristian Fulton.— Dallas Cowboys (@dallascowboys) April 7, 2020
Find out more about him from this rapid fire Q&A. More interviews to come. #StayHomeStayStrong pic.twitter.com/aDc7qvNb9m
Oklahoma LB Kenneth Murray
There are moments in an interview where you learn something about a prospect that goes far beyond football.@OU_Football LB Kenneth Murray provided one of those moments in his interview with the #DallasCowboys. pic.twitter.com/rxq6vYKn8X— Dallas Cowboys (@dallascowboys) April 8, 2020
Alabama DT Raekwon Davis
In his interview with the #DallasCowboys, @AlabamaFTBL DL Raekwon Davis talked about how he was the first in his family to receive a degree crediting his mentors on & off the field. But it was his clever answer about his team that had the entire call laughing. #StayHomeStayStrong pic.twitter.com/czOdCnmOnu— Dallas Cowboys (@dallascowboys) April 8, 2020
Auburn DT Marlon Davidson
The #DallasCowboys likely won’t have to worry about confidence issues with @AuburnFootball DT Marlon Davidson. Watch his detailed description of his favorite collegiate moment. #StayHomeStayStrong pic.twitter.com/mX4OPbC87X— Dallas Cowboys (@dallascowboys) April 9, 2020
Clemson WR Tee Higgins
As the #DallasCowboys continue their #NFLDraft interviews, @ClemsonFB WR Tee Higgins explains why he chose football over basketball despite being a highly recruited basketball player in high school. #StayHomeStayStrong pic.twitter.com/yVSatAXjo1— Dallas Cowboys (@dallascowboys) April 9, 2020
TCU WR Jalen Reagor
.@TCUFootball WR Jalen Reagor caught Jerry Jones’ attention when he was still in high school.— Dallas Cowboys (@dallascowboys) April 10, 2020
Watch as Jerry tells the story in the #DallasCowboys' latest #NFLDraft interview. #StayHomeStayStrong pic.twitter.com/xes0mAtAT0