The calendar officially reads July which means that in a few weeks time the Dallas Cowboys will be holding training camp in Oxnard, California. 2021 will mark the Cowboys returning to the left coast for the first time in two years as they were forced to hold training camp at The Star in Frisco last year as as result of the Covid-19 pandemic. This will be Mike McCarthy’s first training camp in Oxnard as the Cowboys head coach which means that some things might look new compared to how they used to.
On Thursday the organization released the schedule for training camp this year and one difference from times of old is just that, the time. Over the last several training camps in California the team usually practiced around 3:30pm PT, but they will now be getting their work done mostly in the morning.
2021 Dallas Cowboys Training Camp practice schedule (PT)
- Wednesday, July 21st - Opening Press Conference (10am)
- Thursday, July 22nd - Practice (11am)
- Saturday, July 24th - Opening Ceremony (10am), Practice (11am)
- Sunday, July 25th - Practice (11am)
- Monday, July 26th - No Practice
- Tuesday, July 27th - Practice (11am)
- Wednesday, July 28th - Practice (11am)
- Thursday, July 29th - Practice (11am)
- Friday, July 30th - No Practice
- Saturday, July 31st - Training Camp: Cowboys Back Together, Practice (11am)
- Sunday, August 1st - Practice (11am)
- Monday, August 2nd - No Practice
- Tuesday, August 3rd - Practice (11am)
- Wednesday, August 4th - Team travel to Canton, OH (TBD)
- Thursday, August 5th - Pro Football Hall of Fame Game (7pm CT)
- Friday, August 6th - No Practice
- Saturday, August 7th - Practice with Los Angeles Rams (3pm)
- Sunday, August 8th - No Practice
- Monday, August 9th - No Practice
- Tuesday, August 10th - Heroes Appreciation Day, Practice (11am)
- Wednesday, August 11th - Practice (11am)
- Thursday, August 12th - Practice (10:15am), Team travel to Arizona (TBD)
- Friday, August 13th - Kickoff at Arizona (9pm CT)
We have seen Mike McCarthy take his own approach to things since becoming the team’s head coach, although he was recently fined by the NFL for some sort of OTA violation that has yet to be fully disclosed. Adjusting practice time to the mornings is an interesting move, perhaps he wants to enjoy the earlier breeze out in California.
Who all is headed out to Oxnard?