By Tuesday afternoon at 4:00pm ET the Dallas Cowboys and every other NFL team will have to have their roster trimmed down to 53 players.
This will be described as the “final 53-man roster” by someone but it will hardly be final in all reality. There are a handful of manipulation techniques that we will likely see the Cowboys employ this week, like “cutting” their specialists to create three temporary roster spots for players who may begin the season on injured reserve.
Of course there will be players who the team cuts with no intention towards bringing back. This is the unfortunate part about football and this time of year. A number of dreams across the National Football League are going to be coming to an end over the days.
As we always do we are tracking every single Dallas Cowboys roster move that is reported on or rumored to be. We will update this post as more news trickles out.
- The Dallas Cowboys are waiving defensive end Markaviest Bryant (via DMN)
- The Dallas Cowboys are waiving offensive tackle Amon Simon (via DMN)
- The Dallas Cowboys are waiving offensive lineman James Empey (via DMN)
- The Dallas Cowboys are waiving wide receiver T.J. Vasher (via DMN)
- The Cowboys are going to release quarterback Ben DiNucci (via ESPN)
- As many have predicted, Dallas is expected to carry both Michael Gallup and James Washington on the initial 53-man roster (via Mickey Spagnola)
- Candidates listed to start the season on injured reserve are James Washington, Tyron Smith, and Damone Clark (via USA Today)
- The Cowboys are cutting safety Tyler Coyle (via Pro Football Network)
- Dallas is waiving defensive end Mika Tafua (via DMN)
- The Cowboys are cutting linebacker Storey Jackson (via Pro Football Network)
- Dallas is waiving center Alec Lindstrom (via DMN)
- Wide receiver Dontario Drummond has been waived (via DMN)
- The Cowboys are waiving wide receiver Brandon Smith (via DMN)
- Dallas is releasing defensive tackle Carlos Watkins (via DMN)
- Tight end Sean McKeon is among the roster cuts, but NFL Network reported that both he and Alec Lindstron are expected back on the practice squad assuming they clear waivers (via NFL Network)
- Braylon Jones has been waived (via DMN)
- The Cowboys waived/injured both Aaron Shampklin and Isaac Taylor-Stuart (via ESPN)
- Dallas released Aviante Collins (via DMN)
- The Cowboys are waiving running back Malik Davis (via DMN)
- Dallas is waiving Josiah Bronson (via NFL Network)
- The Cowboys are waiving Juanyeh Thomas (via 105.3 The Fan)
- Kicker Brett Maher has been released, but this is in all likelihood just a procedural move while the Cowboys work the roster to get certain players on it and to injured reserve (via DMN)
- You can add fellow specialists Jake McQuaide and CJ Goodwin to the cuts that are procedural (via ESPN)
- Quarterback Will Grier has been waived (via DMN)
- Quarterback Cooper Rush is also a roster cut, but this is again very likely the Cowboys manipulating the roster so we should still assume Rush will be QB2 (via ESPN)
- Isaac Alarcon has been waived (via DMN)
- Malik Jefferson has been released (via DMN)
Last Updated: Tuesday, August 30th at 1:55pm ET