There is one more game remaining for the Dallas Cowboys before their annual Thanksgiving Day outing and there are plenty of fans wondering whether or not this fits the requirements of the traditional “trap game.”
Dallas is set to visit the Carolina Panthers on Sunday, the same Panthers who boast the worst record in the NFL. The Cowboys were a bit guilty of overlooking a team once already this season when they traveled to face the Arizona Cardinals as double-digit point favorites. They are being given double digits once again this week.
To try and understand how Sunday could go for the Cowboys we did what we always do and ran it through a simulation in Madden 24. You will not like the results.
Notable Madden statistics:
- Dak Prescott: 20 of 28, 267 yards, 3 touchdowns
- Tony Pollard: 24 carries, 157 yards, 1 touchdown
- CeeDee Lamb: 7 receptions, 80 yards
- Michael Gallup: 5 receptions, 99 yards, 2 touchdowns
- Brandin Cooks: 3 receptions, 29 yards, 1 touchdown
- Jake Ferguson: 3 receptions, 21 yards
- Chauncey Golston and Jayron Kearse each had a sack, DeMarcus Lawrence and Micah Parsons split another
- Stephon Gilmore had one interception
The Cowboys wound up losing to the Panthers in double overtime (the game can be weird and do things that don’t line up with normal NFL rules (a qualm many people have with it) and if anything like that happened it is safe to say that things would be rather chaotic around here in the week leading up to the holiday.
For what it is worth Madden has not exactly been super precise when predicting Cowboys games this season so that is comforting.
Madden predictions this season and game result:
- Week 1: Madden predicted Cowboys win 23-20, Cowboys won 40-0
- Week 2: Madden predicted Cowboys win 27-14, Cowboys won 30-10
- Week 3: Madden predicted Cowboys win 14-7, Cowboys lost 28-16
- Week 4: Madden predicted Cowboys win 41-14, Cowboys won 38-3
- Week 5: Madden predicted Cowboys win, 27-19, Cowboys lost 42-10
- Week 6: Madden predicted Cowboys lose, 21-17, Cowboys won 20-17
- Week 8: Madden predicted Cowboys lose, 30-27, Cowboys won 43-20
- Week 9: Madden predicted Cowboys win, 28-10, Cowboys lost 28-23
- Week 10: Madden predicted Cowboys win, 31-3, Cowboys won 49-17
- Overall Madden Accuracy so far this season: 4-5
Time will tell what happens between the Cowboys and Panthers on Sunday, here’s to hoping Madden is completely and totally wrong like it has been at points this season.