It seems most Cowboys fans believe that Dallas will win, but such was the case last week. The magic of sports is that no matter what odds or guts say, at the end of it all the games have to be played and things are unpredictable.
In our best effort to predict the future every week we run a simulation of the upcoming Cowboys game through Madden 24 to see what the game believes will happen. Madden has Dallas blowing out the Patriots 41-14.
Notable statistics from Madden’s Cowboys/Patriots simulation:
- Dak Prescott: 22/27 (81%), 266 yards, 4 touchdowns
- Tony Pollard: 10 carries, 63 yards
- CeeDee Lamb: 6 receptions, 69 yards, 1 touchdown
- Brandin Cooks: 6 receptions, 68 yards
- Jake Ferguson: 5 receptions, 69 yards, 2 touchdowns
- Michael Gallup: 2 receptions, 30 yards, 1 touchdown
- Micah Parsons and DeMarcus Lawrence halved a sack
- Jourdan Lewis returned an interception for a touchdown
Madden predictions this season and game result:
- Week 1: Madden predicted Cowboys win 23-20, Cowboys won 40-0
- Week 2: Madden predicted Cowboys win 27-14, Cowboys won 30-10
- Week 2: Madden predicted Cowboys win 14-7, Cowboys lost 28-16
We have been doing this for a few years now and very rarely had the game 100% completely predict things, but there is precedent for it to have happened in the past. If it happens again this week then safe to say we would all be pleased.